No more recommend readings and dreary research, read for pleasure and leisure and exploit the QUT Library collection to keep up to date with some essential good reads over the long summer.
Available in both print and ebook format (perfect for downloading to your smart phone or tablet), there are many good books at QUT Library for you to enjoy and take some time out.
If you have a particular title in mind, the easiest way to locate it is via a title search in the library catalogue and if it’s out or you’d like it brought to your favourite campus – try the orange “place a hold or intercampus request” button.
If you’re looking for some inspiration …
Keep up with the latest and greatest in literary fiction by looking at award shortlists:
- Man Booker 2012
- Miles Franklin 2012 (Australia’s leading literary prize)
- DSC Prize for South Asian Literature
There are some interesting selections of what to read too.
- If you fancy yourself a hipster, see the hipster lit flowchart
- ABC’s First Tuesday Book Club has past episodes and the results of a recent poll on the greatest Australian novels
If you’re not into fiction why not take a look at:
- Best Science Book of 2012 from Brain Pickings
- Readings (Melbourne bookshop) nominations for their best non fiction of 2012
- The Pulitzer Prize has awards for a variety of nonfiction categories
If QUT Library doesn’t hold it and you think we should, contact us.