Have you found yourself searching the library databases, finding great articles only to find that you can’t see a link to the full text version? This can be frustrating but don’t worry – there are a few ways you can track down the full text of a particular journal article you are looking for.
1. Go to Quick Find – Advanced Search – http://qut.summon.serialssolutions.com/advanced
– Type in the details of the article:
2. The JOURNAL TITLE search – http://libcat.library.qut.edu.au/search~S7
This is Library basics 101. Type in title of the journal you need to get a definitive answer on whether the library holds the journal you need in print, online, both print and online, or not at all:
– On the Library homepage, click on Library catalogue
– Then click on Journal Title search and enter the title of the journal to see whether the library holds it.
– If the library holds the journal, check the year of the article you need and compare with the library holdings listed in the catalogue record. If the library holds the year you need:
- If available in PRINT – take note of the call number and go to the Periodicals collection
- If available ONLINE – follow the links to the year, issue and volume number that you need.
Remember you can also visit the Learning and Research Desks at each campus library at any time to get further help.