Whether you read them at home, on the bus, in the tearoom, stretched out with a print copy or scrolling through the app on your gadget, newspapers are a part of our everyday lives.
Did you know that QUT Library gives you access to over 500 newspapers from all over the world?
Here are some special electronic newspaper resources you might be interested in:
- Library Press Display – on trial until the end of 2011, Press Display is a full-colour, full-page collection of today’s newspapers from around the world, with a 60 day archive.
- Factiva – an interdisciplinary news, current affairs and research database providing access to nearly 8000 publications – 5 users at a time only.
- The Times Digital Archive 1785-1985 – 200 years of The Times (London)! Full image of every page published is available and is fully searchable.
Or if you’re looking for Australian newspapers, try
- Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre – perfect for your Aussie newspapers, and includes a fair amount of regional newspaper content too. It includes access to Courier Mail and The Australian.
- Sydney Morning Herald Digital Archive 1955-1995 – full-text results of this iconic Austrailan newspaper are returned in an exact digital reproduction of the original printed pages.
But if you prefer the rustling pages of a broadsheet (or tabloid), print copies of major daily Australian newspapers are available in the newspaper reading area of each QUT campus library. Gardens Point library also receives copies of many major international newspapers.