Life in Australia Living in Brisbane Student life Study

My experience in Australia

I’ve recently realised that time flies by so fast! Next month will mark my two-year anniversary since arriving to Brisbane from my home country, Russia.

I came to Brisbane to pursue a Master of Business, majoring in marketing. I chose QUT for its practical approach to classes, the opportunity to receive a scholarship as an international student and for the positive reviews from my Australian friends. Their feedback was invaluable!

You know, now that I am about to graduate, I can say that I made the right choice. As a professional, I expanded my knowledge, thanks to QUT, by doing assignments for real companies, networking with other professionals and completing marketing and digital marketing internships.

I learned more about different cultures and became friends with amazing people, practically from all the countries in the world. I believe that it is the people who made my journey special; lecturers, tutors, supervisors, mentors, colleagues, and friends…everyone who I met, without exception!

Thanks to the experiences and knowledge I acquired during my studies, I got a job offer from an international digital agency based in Barcelona. Now, I am working online but I was invited to join their team in Spain once the pandemic is over.

I will never forget Brisbane. I will keep these memories with me forever.

Anna

Hi everyone! My name is Anna and I came to Brisbane from Moscow, the capital of Russia! I'm currently pursuing a Master degree in Business majoring in Marketing. I love Brisbane for its weather, hospitality and multiculturalism. You can often find me in the Botanic Gardens in Mount Coot-Tha with a book or somewhere in South Bank with friends. My moto in life is "Never say no to new challenges and growth, you are the builder of your own life!"