Living in Brisbane Student life Study Study abroad Tips for surviving uni

My daily routine – isolation version

Hi everyone! It’s me again, how have you guys been? Well turns out we will be spending the rest of Semester 1 online, and to be honest, I was really restless at the start because I was not used to staying at home all day. So then, I have decided to come up with a daily fun routine to keep myself occupied and sane. Here are some ideas for you to spend your time meaningfully at home so you won’t get too bored!

Morning

I start off my day with either homemade pancakes or waffles topped with blueberries and maple syrup or toasted bread spread with jam or porridge for breakfast. I usually have a heavier breakfast to fill up my stomach and keep me motivated to finish the activities lined up for me for the day. After breakfast, I like to take a quick shower to feel refreshed and ready to start a brand new day! I then proceed to finish as many assignments/ tasks as possible because I feel more productive early in the day and I always believe that work comes before play.

Afternoon

After lunch, I like to relax and watch some shows either on Youtube or Netflix or do some baking for afternoon tea. My personal favourite is baking cookies because they’re the easiest to do, but here are some links to baking tutorials that I highly recommend! Trust me, baking is actually so satisfying especially when you get to eat your delicious dessert afterward!

Cookies:

Cakes:

After doing more work and having my afternoon tea, I will take a break for a while before proceeding to work out and dance. Exercising is really important especially during this period of time!  This helps me to keep fit as a dancer and to keep my choreography flowing, I will spend half an hour dancing or creating short routines, and half an hour working out- that includes doing stretching, conditioning and balancing exercises. There are so many awesome workout tutorial videos that are available on Youtube for you to watch and follow along, so why not take this opportunity to learn new moves and keep fit at home! A little bonus for me, the Victoria Park golf course is just located opposite my apartment, therefore I always make it a point to do some slow jogs around the area in the late evening. So those who live in Kelvin Grove, you can actually take a walk around this beautiful place and enjoy the fresh air!

Night

What’s even better than being able to jump onto my bed to relax and watch Netflix after dinner? Or even face timing with my family back in Singapore :).

There are so many other ways to spend time meaningfully at home, like brushing up on your cooking, makeup, painting or any other skills, video calling your friends and family etc.

nicola

Hi everyone! I am Nicola and I'm from Singapore. I decided to come to Australia to study because I wanted to pursue my passion for dance at QUT, as well as to gain new and memorable experiences overseas. After graduating from QUT International College I decided to take my passion for Dance further with a double degree in Dance and Education. While studying at QUT I have become actively involved in the local dance community and attend international dance competitions whenever possible. I am certainly enjoying my time studying here at QUT and thankful for all the opportunities QUT has provided for me. My goals are to inspire others and impart my knowledge to future students who can grow and learn from my experience.