Student life

Spending your time meaningfully in Australia- part 2

Hello everyone! Here is my second part of my topic on how I spent my time meaningfully in Australia. Indeed, living and studying overseas can be extremely fulfilling if you find something (that interest you) to keep you occupied throughout the year. For me, having lived here for almost a year, I am able to say that every day is a special day to me and I tremendously enjoy my life here in Australia. Here are some other things that I’ve done to make the most out of my time whilst studying in Brisbane.

QUTIC mentor program

I certainly have to recommend this to anyone who is currently studying at QUT International College (QUTIC). This is the best way to display your leadership skills, breathe life into QUTIC activities and widen your social network. I enjoyed every single moment being a QUTIC mentor, and it was exciting to plan and organise our own activities for the school. It was a good way to take a break from school work as well and instead soak in the fun and relaxed atmosphere while holding events.

Exploring new places

I mean, everyone should take the opportunity whilst living in  Australia to explore new places of interests! Over the weekends, I would take a half day trip to new places. As an adventure and nature seeker, having the opportunities to visit new areas always excite me. Be its nearby areas in Brisbane like Forest Lake, or further places like Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast, going to new places always give me a sense of achievement and fulfilment. If you have the time, why not plan a day trip to somewhere new with your friends? I am sure you will have a blast!

Fueling my passion

Seriously, I would do anything just to dance. If you have a strong passion for anything in particular, I am sure you will feel the same way as me. Australia has provided me with many platforms to grow in the dance scene, such as competitions, performances and workshops. Using my spare time, I took part in various dance competitions and performed in multiple events, including the Council of International Students Australia’s event in Brisbane. It was an eye-opening experience for me as I got to increase my social network while at the same time doing what I love. I will say, find ways to grow your passion while studying overseas, you will definitely enjoy your time and feel a greater sense of satisfaction.

nicola

Hi everyone! I am Nicola and I'm from Singapore. I decided to come to Australia to study because I wanted to pursue my passion for dance at QUT, as well as to gain new and memorable experiences overseas. After graduating from QUT International College I decided to take my passion for Dance further with a double degree in Dance and Education. While studying at QUT I have become actively involved in the local dance community and attend international dance competitions whenever possible. I am certainly enjoying my time studying here at QUT and thankful for all the opportunities QUT has provided for me. My goals are to inspire others and impart my knowledge to future students who can grow and learn from my experience.