Life in Australia Living in Brisbane Things to do in Brisbane

Brisbane Art Festival 2019

Are you an art lover? Or are you finding ways to take a break from your assignments and examination preparations? Get ready because you are about to be immersed in a world of art and design. Don’t miss the Brisbane Art Festival 2019 exhibitions, performances, talks, art tours, workshops and open studio spreads across 25 venues including the CBD, West End, Fortitude Valley, Highgate Hill, South Brisbane, Woolloongabba and Bowen Hills.

PS: Check out https://brisbaneartdesign.com.au/about/ for specific locations

Some of the major attractions include the Bioluminous Walking at the City Botanic GardensΒ where you can encounter a series of native animal projections after dark, BADtours at Fish Lane especially for both art and food lovers andΒ Street Art cycling tour where you get a chance to enjoy a slew of various artworks whilst cycling.

Note: These are just some of the different events you could attend, but if you would like to find out more, visit https://brisbaneartdesign.com.au/whats-on/ .

What I enjoyed about this particular festival was that I got to enjoy a wide variety of unique art pieces that showcases the creative and artistic side of Brisbane. I especially loved the BAD tours held in the City Botanic Gardens at night as I was able to be immersed in a garden full of beautifully illuminated projections. I had a great time with my friends walking around the Botanic Garden and took this moment to relax after a long day at Uni, and we simply gazed in awe at the unique installations. If you missed this year’s festival, be sure to participate next year along with your friends as I can assure you will definitely have a wonderful time with them.

nicola

Hi everyone! I am Nicola and I'm from Singapore. I decided to come to Australia to study because I wanted to pursue my passion for dance at QUT, as well as to gain new and memorable experiences overseas. After graduating from QUT International College I decided to take my passion for Dance further with a double degree in Dance and Education. While studying at QUT I have become actively involved in the local dance community and attend international dance competitions whenever possible. I am certainly enjoying my time studying here at QUT and thankful for all the opportunities QUT has provided for me. My goals are to inspire others and impart my knowledge to future students who can grow and learn from my experience.