Scholarships

Scholarship celebrations

Hi guys!

Last week I experienced something spectacular that I want to share with all of you!

I was so excited to be part of the Creative Industries scholarship celebration event. Being eligible for a QUT scholarship is not only an honour, but it’s also a great responsibility as an international student. Nevertheless, being a scholarship recipient makes you feel part of the QUT community.

At this event, I received an award in recognition of my outstanding achievement in my overseas studies and I met more students in the same situation as me.

So, I had the opportunity to make more friends from fifteen different countries. Even though some of them live in the same building as I do (I didn’t know that!) …What a small world!

As international students, we have many challenges to face, but they are easier when you feel supported. I believe that everyone that received the Creative Industries International Scholarship felt great pride in our achievements and felt the importance of QUT’s support.

One thing that was highlighted was that not only educational support adds value to the student’s community, but also participating in recreational activities, such as clubs and societies. Work experience and workshops is another important element which allows students to get involved while gaining some real-world experience and developing practical skills. All these things add to your study experience and making your life at university an unforgettable one.

If you want to know more about these clubs and societies do not forget to visit https://qutguild.com/clubs

It was so gracious of QUT to recognise the effort of these international students (including myself) by awarding us with such recognition. The experience willΒ be remembered for a long time. It is our privilege as students to pursue our dreams and take advantage of all the support that QUT offers so we can become the next generation of QUT professionals.

cynthia

My name is Cynthia and I'm from Mexico. I have a very creative personality and a passion for creating content that will make a difference. I previously completed a Bachelor of International Marketing in Mexico. I found as a marketer the need of creating content or telling a story is not only the core of marketing to attract audiences, but it is also drives everything you do. Following my passion for story telling and my fascination for theatre, I decided to fulfill my dream of study drama in Mexico. I strongly believe that it’s never too late to make your dreams come true. I'm currently studying a Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film, Screen and New Media) at QUT and my dream is to become a film-maker. In my blog, I want to share my creative personality, Latin perspective with a sense of humor.

1 Comment