Food Friends Life in Australia Living in Brisbane Miscellaneous Student life Things to do in Brisbane Uncategorized

Markets culture in Brisbane

Today I would like to introduce you the market culture in Brisbane.

I enjoy exploring markets because I feel like there are so many surprises and good deals in the markets. There are different varieties of the markets surround Brisbane such as fashion, eating, arts and crafts or just a bit of everything!

The first market I am going to introduce is the market at our QUT Kelvin Grove campus. The market is on every Saturday, 6am to 1pm. You can find fresh produce of a selection of plants, flowers, crafts, coffee, plenty of delicious food there.

DSC09555 copy

Photo: Kelvin Grove Village market

I have been to Jan Power’s Farmers market at both Brisbane Powerhouse on every Saturday, 6am to midday and the city on every Wednesday, 10am to 6pm. You can find a lot of farm-fresh food and produce from there!

Photo: Jan Power’s Farmers Market at Brisbane Powerhouse.

Photo: Artisan Pastry stall from Jan Power’s Farmers Market.

The another market I like is Davies Park Market at West End because I basically can find everything I want from there with a cheap price!

Photo: Huge strawberries bought from Davies Park Market at West End.

DSC09709 copy

Photo: Delicious food bought from the food stall at Davies Park Market.

Bakery Lane Providore Markets at Fortitude Valley offer quality goods and produce on the first Saturday of every month from 9am to 1pm. It is quite different from the three markets mentioned above and I will say it is an awesome place to chill and hang out with friends!

Photo: Entrance of Bakery Lane Providore Markets.

Photo: Bakery Lane Providore Markets.

If you are a fan of arts and crafts, you definitely can’t miss Brisbane Twilight Markets! It is normally happening on the selected Friday nights from 4 to 9pm at the city. Like their page to get updated if you are keen!

Photo: Brisbane Twilight Markets in front of Brisbane City Hall.

Photo: One of the arts and crafts stall from Brisbane Twilight Markets.

Feel like improve your style and wardrobe but just don’t want to spend so much money on clothing and accessories? Suitcase Rummage is the market that you should go! It is a second hand market with all types of clothes, accessories and some other stuffs. It happens at different locations at different timings. Follow their page to get more information.

Other than the markets I introduced above, there are still many other markets around Brisbane. Some tips for you to get the very good deals at the markets are to plan to go with a few friends and also go there at their last hour of business!

Hope you do enjoy exploring the markets as much as me! 🙂