Choosing a university

Because QUT is also a local campus!

Danielle Quinn

Where are you from?

I was born in Australia and raised in Lae, Papua New Guinea.

How old are you?

I am 24 years old.

How long have you been in Brisbane for?

I moved to Brisbane in 2004 to go to Boarding school and have continued to live here for my education.

How did you find out about QUT?

I did my bachelors at a different university but a lot of my friends went to QUT so I went to a lot of QUT events with them and heard great stories about their experience.

What course are you studying?

A Masters in marketing

Now that you are part of the QUT campus, what do you like most about the university?

I like the facilities, being able to go to a campus and study in a great environment such as level 7 of the library or level 2 of P block. I also like meeting new people and I think sharing university experiences with people who have common interests or goals makes for great friendships and industry networks.

What are your expectation once you graduate?

Once I graduate I would like to get a job with a great company in which I can continue my learning and development skills while being a creative member of a fun office team. I would like to gain some real industry experience in Brisbane before I move to an Asian country, hopefully in China, where I can improve my Mandarin language skills and gain new travel and career experiences.

What do you like to do in Brisbane?

Eat! I love going out and trying new restaurants and cuisines, as well as enjoying tasty drinks and kicking up my heels on a dance floor with my gal pals.