Support services

Supporting international students through COVID-19

QUT Equity Scholarship Scheme is the largest university scheme of its kind in Australia and distributes more than $5 million each year to low-income students. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, QUT increased the support to assist students during these challenging times.

This includes:

• Establishing an International Student COVID-19 Hardship Fund, supporting over 1000 international students with grants up to $1500.00 each;
  • Distributing thousands of free frozen meals to international students;
  • Supporting international students with foodbank items;
  • Assisting students with accommodation and rental matters;
  • Topping up the existing QUT Equity scholarships scheme from $5 million to $5.6 million;
  •  Increasing the computer scheme from 150 to 240 free laptops;
  • Increasing the emergency funds from $200,000 to $400,000;
  • Assisting continuing international students with payment plans for tuition fees,

The support available to international students will allow QUT to continue to assist international students at risk.

Recipients of the International Student COVID-19 Hardship Fund have expressed their gratitude of the support provided by QUT.

“I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this generous financial assistance, I’m so glad that QUT has not forgotten about us international students in these exceptional and dark times, and I project my utmost respect and gratitude for this university.” (M.)

Dear manager,
Thanks so much that everything you’ve done for helping me, and I am very grateful that QUT supporting international students like me. QUT is the most marvellous uni in Queensland which services for international students are the best. Hope you have really nice day and take care❤