Would you like to join our growing movement of impact storytellers?
Write a short narrative of your impact (maximum of 300 words) and in separate files, attach one profile photo and one action photo. Submit your story online.
WHAT CAN I SHARE?
Talk about how your training helped you achieve an impact on others, your work, your community, country or the rest of the world.
Here are some guiding questions:
- How did you apply your training at QUT and what were the results?
- What were the changes that happened after applying your QUT training?
- Did those changes result and/or ripple to a wider scope and more long-term effect? How?
- Whose lives or situations have been improved because of your actions?
- How have you responded to the Covid-19 situation in relation to your learning from QUT?
- How have you served as a “change agent”?
- What have you developed as a result of your training? (e.g. policy, research, project, training, advocacy, organisation, business, action, etc.)
- Has there been an improvement in inter-agency collaboration as a result of your attending the training?
- How has access to a basic right (education/ health/ etc.) increased for people in your community as a result of your work?
Optional: You may also submit a video, provided it runs for a maximum of one minute only, and accompanied by either a narrative or a transcript of the video.
Monthly run closes at every LAST MONDAY of the month.
- Relevance of QUT training to impact – 20 pts
- Value of impact (How much or how big?) – 25 pts
- Expanse of impact (How many or how wide?) – 20 pts
- Difficulty considering situation and opportunity – 20 pts
- Furtherance and sustainability (Does the impact show promise to continue, improve or expand in the future?) – 15 pts
Every month, we will choose a winner based on the above criteria.
All monthly winners will receive a monthly winner’s certificate and qualify for that year’s Impact Stories Awards nomination for a chance to win one of the special awards: QUT Outstanding Impact and QUT Impact Ambassador, and the grand prize: QUT Impact Story of the Year Award. All winners will be announced in December.
- QUT Impact Story of the Year grand prize winner will receive:
QUT gift prize amounting to AUD300, a two-year online visitor access to QUT (including QUT and affiliate libraries access, LinkedIn Learning license, Microsoft 365 license, and Zoom premium license), and the QUT Impact Story of the Year plaque and certificate.
- Special Awards (Outstanding Impact and QUT Ambassadorship) will also be given. Prizes for special awards are:
A two-year online visitor access to QUT (including QUT and affiliate libraries access, LinkedIn Learning license, Microsoft 365 license, and Zoom premium license), a special QUT merchandise, award plaque and certificate.
- A QUT Community’s Favourite award will also be given to the story with the most social media approvals from the QUT community. Winner will receive a certificate and a prized QUT koala plush.
Ready to give it a go? Start your impact story here!
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com.