Celebrating International Women’s Day

Charlotte Sangster – PSMP participant

We always love hearing the success stories from our women who have received a full scholarship. Charlotte Sangster received the Public Sector Management Program NGO full scholarship last year. Here she relates how the program has projected her career forward.

“When I landed my first role working in fundraising for Frontier Services (a national Australian charity founded by Rev. John Flynn) I knew that I had found the career for me! I also knew that I had to do everything in my power to pursue my passion of helping people…

I set myself some BIG goals. One of which was to work my way up to an executive leadership role within an Australian NGO and immediately I started working on my plan. Part of which included completing QUT’s Graduate Certificate in Business (Public Sector Management).

Thanks to a lot of hard work, dedication and the opportunity to complete the QUT’s PSMP program via the NGO Women’s Scholarship; in a few short weeks I’m going to reach that goal!

I’m honoured and privileged to be commencing with Muscular Dystrophy NSW next month as their new General Manager. MDNSW is an incredible organisation supporting those with MD, their families, partners and carers to build strength and reach their potential.

I am so grateful that QUT decided to open up the program to NGO’s. I have found the professional connections I have made during the course so far absolutely invaluable to my career progression and I have made true lifelong friendships in the process too.

I look forward to graduating with my classmates at the end of the year and seeing what other exciting opportunities lay ahead!

Thank you QUT and all those who supported the scholarship!” – Charlotte Sangster

More information about the program can be found here:
https://www.qut.edu.au/study/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships-and-prizes/public-sector-management-program-scholarships