QUT’s Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies (ACPNS) equips visionary individuals and organisations to transform worlds – through teaching, research and engagement.
Its strong sector links and real world teaching mean ACPNS stays at the leading edge of knowledge, providing our students with a teaching and research environment that is up-to-date and valuable to people interested in success in philanthropic, social enterprise and nonprofit action.
WHY STUDY AT ACPNS?
- Study from wherever you are in Australia or New Zealand
- Six-week teaching periods allow you to get a valuable qualification under your belt in less than a year
- Our courses are globally-recognised and highly-regarded. Our alumni are sought after by nonprofit employers, both here and overseas
- Our lecturers are leaders in their fields, have a forefront role in sector research and a passion for teaching
- Studying at ACPNS means you may be eligible for range of scholarships and bursaries
- You don’t necessarily need an undergrad degree to enrol – QUT may take your work experience into account when you apply.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
By undertaking the Graduate Certificate in Business (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies) you will acquire skills and knowledge in eight core areas:
- Legal Issues for Philanthropic and Nonprofit Organisations
- Fundraising Development Principles
- Accounting and Finance Issues for Philanthropic & Nonprofit Organisations
- Fundraising Development Techniques
- Philanthropic and Nonprofit Frameworks of Governance
- Management for Philanthropic and Nonprofit Organisations
- Ethics for Philanthropic and Nonprofit Organisations
- Introduction to Social Enterprise
Want to take your skills and knowledge a step further?
You can build on these units by undertaking the Master of Business (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies).
WHAT SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE?
New students undertaking study in mid-2020 or 2021 may be eligible to apply for scholarships and bursaries available only to ACPNS students. But you’ll need to be quick!
WHERE WILL MY QUALIFICATIONS TAKE ME?
Our alumni are transforming worlds in many parts of the globe, changing the lives of thousands of people for the better every day. You can too. Watch this fab video to see how ACPNS alumni are changing the world.
- 81% – Percentage of ACPNS alumni working in senior/high level positions in the sector
- 11% – Percentage of ACPNS alumni working in countries other than Australia
- 9% – Percentage of ACPNS alumni who have founded their own nonprofit, social enterprise or philanthropic organisation
Don’t take our word for it; read some inspiring interviews from our alumni on our Student Experience page on how they’re transforming worlds since graduating.
WHEN CAN I START?
If you apply now, you could be graduating next year! By enrolling in our mid-2020 intake for the Graduate Certificate in Business (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies), you could be donning your graduation hat in mid-2021!