Thank you to everyone who attended this week’s webinar, What can Australian charities learn from Canadian audits of charities involved in advocacy?
The webinar generated a lot of interest and conversation around the topic of auditing charities involved in advocacy – with many lessons to be learned from what’s happened in Canada thus far.
A special thank you to our speakers who participated from many parts of the globe. Your contributions meant the topic was thoroughly and expertly considered from many different perspectives and angles.
- Susan Phillips Visiting Fellow, ACPNS; Professor Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership School of Public Policy and Administration Carleton University
- Nick Robinson, Legal Advisor – International Centre for Not-for-Profit Law
- Peter Robinson, former CEO, David Suzuki Foundation
- Leilani Farha, Executive Director, Canada Without Poverty
- Bob Wyatt, Executive Director, The Muttart Foundation & Vice-President, The Pemsel Case Foundation
- Carl Juneau, former Director, Charities Directorate, Canada Revenue Agency
- Susan Manwaring, Partner, Miller Thomson LLP
- Sean Speer, Assistant Professor, Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, University of Toronto; Former Economic Adviser to Prime Minister Stephen Harper
- Tim Harper, Freelance Writer; Former Bureau Chief, Parliamentary Press Gallery (Canada)
- Jennifer Batrouney QC, Chair, Not-for-Profit Legal Practice and Charities Committee, Law Council of Australia
- Murray Baird, Former Assistant Commissioner, General Counsel, Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC)
- Krystian Seibert, Industry Fellow at the Centre for Social Impact Swinburne
- David Crosbie, CEO, Community Council for Australia
- Susan Phillips (ACPNS Visiting Prof.) Professor, Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership Carleton University, Canada
- Myles McGregor-Lowndes, Emeritus Professor, ACPNS, QUT