I remember the first time that I ever set foot into uni as a nervous peppy student.
The first class I had was a marketing subject at the Caboolture campus, three years ago now. How time flies! I was fortunate that two of my friends from high school were doing the same subject. So I made sure that I was in the same lectures as them.
However, I was unaware of the timetabling system as I was a new student.
As such, the tutorials my friends were in filled up and I was left disappointed.
As such, I was also left with an 8am lecture with a 9 hour gap on Fridays. Not ideal!
I learned my lesson and vowed to never make the same mistake again.
Here are five tips to make sure you do not repeat my silly errors:
- Find out what date and time your class registrations open
- Try make sure you sign up for classes as soon as possible
- Keep hitting the refresh button until it loads
- Check the website an hour early (just in case)
- Fill out a form if a class you are allocated clashes with other classes, or obtain a letter from your employer, which details why you need a new class time.
You will walk away happy to know you have the best possible timetable for this semester!