Yes you can!

If you’re in high school then chances are you might have seen some of QUTies at one of our awesome Explore Uni Days! If you decide that uni is the pathway for you then we look forward to seeing you around campus sometime soon.

If you didn’t get a chance to talk with our ambassadors (or you were a little bit shy) then I’m here to answer any of your questions in the comments below.

You will often get told at uni that there is no such thing as a stupid question and you would be surprised just how many people have the same questions as you do! So here are three FAQs that I’ve prepared earlier based on questions I’ve been asked before:

What happens if I do not get the OP that I need to get into my course?
Never fear! There are lots of upgrading pathways that can help you to make sure you are on track to study your dream course at QUT! For example, there is:
Education Access Scheme 
Single degree options
TAFE qualifications
Credit for prior learning
– The list goes on!

I am worried about the financial costs of uni. Are there scholarships available to assist me?
Yes there are! QUT offers a wide range of scholarships that are not limited to academic results. You can apply for an Equity Scholarship if you come from a low-income background. There are also faculty specific scholarships that are assessed on application. You have nothing to lose by applying.

Does studying at university differ from studying at school?
Let me fill you in on a little secret. You may only have as little as 12 hours a week of classes at uni! But there is a catch. You are expected to fill in the rest of the time with independent study. It is recommended that you complete an additional 8 hours of study per week for each unit you take to ensure you pass your course with flying colours! So make sure you pick a course that you think you will be really passionate about.

Unsure about which course is right for you? Why not take this quiz!

To find out more information relating to your circumstances, this short survey will help guide you to more information.

If you have a lot of questions or still unsure, QUT offers free careers counselling to prospective students