Work work work work work

Unless you’ve been at uni for a while (third year or more), then chances are that you have probably never heard of the term Work Integrated Learning (WIL). These are units that you can take in your final year of study and allow you to get work experience through an internship, project or study tour*. Because after all, QUT is the university for the real world!

I study Business AND Creative Industries which means that I get two of these awesome units which both count towards my degrees. I used one of these last semester and went on the Mumbrella 360 Media and Communication study tour to Sydney. And it was amazing! So here are three reasons to go on a study tour.

• You get to visit some really cool organisations. Some of the ones I went to include News Corp Australia, SBS and BuzzFeed!

2

• You get to meet real industry people and make connections with bigwigs who may be your future employers

4

• The assessment is pretty easy! I had to do a group presentation before we left, 5 x 400 word blog posts while I was down there and 1000-word essay when I got back

3

*Check your study plan as not all courses offer WIL as part of the degree. However, you may be eligible to choose a study tour as an elective.