Part III: The Final Weeks

I can’t speak for everyone here at QUT, but for a lot of us, the holidays are finally here. Congratulations to the people who’ve finally made it through to the end of semester, especially to those who’ve finished their last university exams and assignments ever! Many of you might be wondering, with the final weeks coming to a close, what are the best ways to spend the holidays for the next coming months? Well, part three of my blog just so happens to be dedicated to helping you plan your holidays so that by the time it gets to January, we’re not stuck thinking about what to do next.

1. Pokémon

Yes. Right at the top of the list is the number one way that you can make the most out of your holidays is by playing Pokémon. For those of you who don’t know, the latest Pokémon game comes out later this month. I’m not even ashamed to say that most of my holidays will probably be spent playing that, and when I’ve finished, I’ll probably go back and play all of the other Pokémon games. The holidays are the perfect time to work hard on catching them all, and you don’t even have to worry about procrastinating your uni assignments because, hey, there are none.

2. Exercise

Since I just admitted that I’m going to be spending a lot of my time playing a video game, now would be a good time to say that exercising is a great thing to do in the holidays. I don’t know what it is, but during semester, I can never motivate myself to exercise. Now the holidays are here, it seems like the perfect time to get fit. Whether it’s running, walking, going to the gym, or boxing like Captain America, there are plenty of ways that we can all stay fit throughout the holidays. To make exercising more worthwhile, give yourself a goal to do it. Mine? So that I don’t have to huff and puff my way up those stairs and that hill at Kelvin Grove next year.

3. Read

These holidays are the best time of the year for me because I love the idea of just curling up with a good book and reading for as long as I want. So if you’re running out of ideas of what to do during the holidays, there’s one thing that you’ll never run out of, and that’s books. Whether you want to go back and re-read the books that you grew up with, or tackle something new, the holidays give you plenty of time to do just that. As well as reading books, you can also catch up on television shows and start looking for new music to listen to.

4. Get away somewhere

As nice as it is to laze around the house in the holidays, it’s also nice to get away somewhere. Whether it’s just for a few days or more, there’s no time like the holidays to get out and explore some place else in the world. Better yet, you can exercise, bring books, and take Pokémon with you wherever you go. Even if getting away just means doing the same thing in a different setting, it’s still nice to do that some place new.

There are so many other ways that you can spend the holidays, so many things to do without getting bored. And I think it’s safe to say that we really do deserve a break until next year. What are your plans for the summer holidays?

Matt

Haha! I read this snippet:

“now would be a good time to say that exercising is a great thing to do in the holidays. I don’t know what it is.”

And thought, “Amen, what even IS exercise?”… but then I read on. Doi.

Sarah

Pokemon! Still haven’t decided on ruby or sapphire >.>

Liam

POKEMON! Wasn’t even half way through my final internship and…well…it’s safe to say I was well over half way to becoming a SoulSilver PokeMaster!