Part I: The Final Weeks

So, we’re nearly finished week twelve of the semester. Isn’t that awesome? We’ve all made it through the majority of uni for the year and now there’s only another week, plus exams, left to go. The holidays are literally just around the corner, and we’ll finally be getting the break that we deserve. The only problem is, we have to get through the final few weeks before we can catch up on the sleep we’ve missed throughout semester. And sometimes, the last few weeks really do feel like they’re going to last forever. How exactly does one make it through these weeks without exploding from exhaustion?

Trying to stay awake for the rest of semester

If you’re like me, you’re probably thinking to yourself “gee, maybe now would be a good time to start all of those assignments I have due in week thirteen… nah. I’ll just sleep instead, okay? Okay.” I recommend not leaving all of your assignments to the last minute. Today’s a good time to get started on all of the assignments that may or may not be piling up. Try to motivate yourself to get through those pesky assignments by reminding yourself that the sooner you finish the assignments, the more free time you’ll have on your hands for these weeks. And you know what that means?

#partayyyyyyy

Although it is pretty difficult to get motivated when the holidays are so close and yet so far away, remember that time I wrote a post about how to get started on assignments? Now could be a good time to start using that method again.

But let’s face it. Who wants to spend their final weeks of classes doing assignments and nothing else? Even the idea of just doing that much work is stressful. And sometimes, it feels like the stress can get a little bit too overwhelming, especially when you feel like there’s just not enough time to get everything done. My advice is that when you’re not doing work, use your break to relax or do something you enjoy so that you can take your mind off the stress. Remember not to bottle up your stress, and that it’s absolutely okay to talk to someone if you feel like it’s getting too out of hand. Chances are, it’ll make you feel more at ease to know that there are other people going through the same ordeal as you.

And, well, if there’s ever a good time to start having one hundred cups of coffee a day, it’s now. Although I don’t recommend literally drinking one hundred cups of coffee a day, sometimes an extra cup is all you need to get through these final weeks. I’ll see you all next week for part two of my how-to-make-it-through-these-few-weeks-of-uni guide.