Plans for 2013

My year officially finishes on 1 November, because that’s when the last of my 50% assignments are due (no exams, yay).  Yes, my sanity may be declining since I have four 50% assignments to do AT THE SAME TIME, but realising just how close Christmas and New Year’s Eve are, it’s giving me motivation to….well, get motivated.  And thus I have created an action plan for 2013, my 3rd and penultimate year of uni, filled with things I’m going to try and do.

Because this is much more productive than actually doing my assignments.

DON’T QUESTION MY LOGIC.

LOOK, A DISTRACTION!

1.  Stop being lazy.  HAHAHAHA just kidding!  Let’s start with something a bit more realistic…

2. Start making lunch and bring it to uni and work.  I’ve realised over the past year, through the use of my Year 12 Maths A skills, that buying lunch all the time gets mighty expensive. I found a really simple recipe for Korean beef and other yummies that I might post, but in a nutshell, all you do is brown the mince, mix in the sugar and the spices, cook the rice and BAM, delicious food.  Even this dog is excited about Korean beef.

ERMEHGERD, KERERN BERF

3. Explore both Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove campuses. I’ve been going to both campuses for almost two years now and I still don’t know where everything is. Especially at Kelvin Grove. That place is a maze with all its hills and secret walkways and stairs. So many stairs.  If people ask me for directions I usually reply “Oh, it’s in this general direction” and give a wide sweep of my hand. Plus I’m yet to find a really good place to sit down and get some work done apart from the library, and the library gets busy.

4. Go to a music festival.  I turn 20 next year and –

wait.

I turn 20 next year.

wow.

Anyway, going to a music festival is one of the things I’ve wanted to do before I become a proper adult.  My friend and I were discussing going to the Future Music Festival next year because quite a few good musicians were going, but we’ll see what happens.  I really wanted to go to Stereosonic to see Diplo and Major Lazer but I doubt that will happen. Sigh. This cat is me right now.

5. Go to South Korea! This is one of my more ambitious plans but I’d like to make this happen.  I posted a blog last year about wanting to go on student exchange for a semester, and after a lot of thinking over that time, I’ve decided it’s not for me.  The money and the time were the main deciding factors against going, which is why a shorter exchange sounds perfect.  Every so often I get emails from the Business faculty about short overseas exchanges and I think it would be a good opportunity to take.  Lots of South Korean universities host a month-long international summer school, conveniently during the break between semesters 1 and 2.  You can learn all about South Korean culture and take classes at their university.  Why South Korea you ask?  I can’t speak their language and I get a unique cultural experience I wouldn’t get anywhere else.  PLUS GANGNAM STYLE!

What do you plan on doing in the glorious year of 2013?