Be Careful What You Wish For

For those last few weeks of semester, I was so caught up in my own little world of assignments, that I lost all sense of time and whether or not it was even morning or night.  I literally laughed out loud when I looked at the date on my phone and realised that it was suddenly mid-November – I could have sworn it was still October!

I’m definitely one of those people who enjoys being under pressure.  The thrill of looming deadlines, the feeling of accomplishment when you survive all those tortuous late nights.  But what goes up must come down – and I really hate the fall.  I’m sure at one point I was wishing for a holiday, but it’s been two weeks since my last exam and I honestly don’t know what to do with myself.

I dressed up, I went out, I partied and then I crashed.  Crashed and slept for eighteen straight hours in fact.  All of the sleepless nights had caught up with me and finally my body had the chance to recover.  Holidays allow me to have time to do things like make random late night trips to Max Brenners or Pancake Manor, or even waste time on Facebook or Tumblr without feeling guilty.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m certainly not complaining.

Deep down, I know I’m getting more restless by the second, and I desperately need something much more productive to consume all of this new-found free time! It’s strange really, but I guess I appreciate the little routine university gives me.  When it all stops, it’s not steady or gradual: there is just silence.

I think it’s about time I made some noise.

Michael

That was me this morning – with the 18 hours sleep!!

I must join the tumblr revolution!!