Bachelor of Business
Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Need a go-to guide to Copenhagen?
Yassi’s Top CPH tips:
- Buy a good quality bike
- Learn the basic phrases
- Go out and enjoy everything Copenhagen has to offer, trust me there is loads
- Grocery shop at Lidl and Netto before Fotex
- When it’s sunny have a day on the Go Boats
- Eat at Paper Island, Moller and Grod
- Spend time cycling around the cool little areas like Ostebro, Norrebro and Frederiksberg
- Use a travel card such as the QANTAS card, it’s the cheapest way to spend money, Copenhagen uses card for everything, very few places will take cash only but many are card only. I would also recommend having multiple cards in different places in cases one is lost or stolen. No need to open a Danish bank account it will be more of a struggle and it’s super easy to just use your Australian bank card it will just charge you a few cents every time you make a purchase.
- When you arrive in Copenhagen go to Central Station and talk to the people there about what is your best option for a transport card. I personally had 2, one monthly pass that required a passport photo and it would be a once a month payment for unlimited rides on all transport in Zone 1 and 2 but I also had a Rejsekort card which is kind of like a Go Card which I would use if I was going into Zone 3 and 4. Always make sure you pay for transport because the fines are huge!
- Get a really great everyday backpack
- Get comfy fashionable sneakers
- If you are going to make any big purchases make sure they are done within 3 months of leaving Europe to get your tax back at the airport
- Go for lunch in Sweden… literally it’s like 50 minutes away!
- Visit other cities in Denmark like Aarhus it’s a really cool town
- The Danes are not rude just private, don’t be offended if they seem like they are keeping to themselves but if you do need anything they are really lovely.
- Make your room feel homely, take a trip to IKEA and get little things that will make you feel more at home.
- PORTABLE CHARGERS!!!! They will save your life! Because it gets so cold your phone will freeze and just shut down so always have a charger with you.
If you would like to know more or have any questions at all no matter how long or small feel free to add me on Facebook and ask away! You are going to have the time of your life, trust me!