Student exchange Travel

Get out of your Comfort Zone at Purdue

Wyatt W., Bachelor of Business
University of Purdue, USA (Semester 2, 2018)

I had the pleasure of attending Purdue University, a 50,000 student college in America’s Midwest, Indiana. After spending four months diving head first into the Purdue experience, I walk away from the experience with a grin on my face, knowing I had the time of my life.

Purdue is centered around a quiet farming town called West Lafayette. While there’s not a whole bunch to do in the city area, you learn to enjoy all the excitement the campus has to offer.

Purdue is a big 10 school, meaning the football games are a huge deal. We got to enjoy a few games in Purdue’s Ross Aid Stadium. A definite highlight was when Purdue beat Ohio State, ranked 3rd in America, which resulted in all the students storming the field.

The best part about exchange was making new friends. I decided to join the Purdue Water Polo team. I was instantly welcomed into a large community and made a few friends for life. We got to travel around the Midwest playing the other big 10 college teams.

Exchange is what you make of it. It’s about getting out of your comfort zone, speaking to everyone, saying yes to mostly everything and taking everything in as it happens. It happens in a blink of an eye and when you leave you can’t help but shed a tear. My college experience will be something I look back on for the rest of my life.

Highlights from my exchange