Where it all began

1 new email received – “Congratulations, you have been chosen to take part in our study abroad program at the Grenoble School of Management in France.”

I could not believe my eyes. Quick, post on Facebook, call all members of the family; my excitement needs to be shared!

In the lead up to my departure however, there were a few administrative items which had to be completed. I have created a list below in the hope it can be of assistance.
1. Once you are accepted by QUT, you need to enroll to the overseas Uni directly. It is a fairly easy process as it involves completing your basic information, educational background and references. There is also an application fee. Mine was $130 approx.
2. Book and pay for fights. Send your receipt through to the International Student Office of QUT for reimbursement (if you have received a scholarship).
3. Pay course fees directly to overseas Uni. (They will send you an invoice).
4. Attend QUT study abroad information session.
5. Familiarise yourself with all documentation sent by the overseas University.

Having all that completed and after numerous efforts of packing and repacking, I am now in Grenoble, France. Two days ago, I was out exploring the sites and shops of Paris and stuffing myself full of croissants and baguettes (some photos below). Yesterday, I explored Grenoble and I must say, it is so beautiful here. Reminds me of Kelvin Grove Campus surrounded by amazing hills and old buildings.

Anyway off for my first day of school!

P.S – Huge thank you to QUT for their assistance and support and for also allowing me this amazing opportunity.

Photo 1 – Temptations of France

Photo 2 – Place of Residency