Quality is key to selecting the right journal to publish in and avoiding predatory publisher traps can be difficult. In response to the problems of deceptive journals and conferences, a collection of publishers, publishing ethics groups, open access groups and academic libraries created Think Check Submit.
The campaign helps researchers identify trusted journals for their research via a simple checklist to assess the credentials of a journal or publisher.
Start the check by asking yourself some questions including:
- Do you or your colleagues know the journal?
– Have you read any articles in the journal before?
– Is it easy to discover the latest papers in the journal?
- Is the journal clear about the type of peer review it uses?
- Are articles indexed in services that you use?
Watch the short video for more details: