Uni is starting and your assignments are coming!
Great! You’re here!
You’re enrolled, you’ve got your student card, your password and email is set up, your tutorials are organised, you’ve met some new classmates, and you’ve found the Library, the Student Guild Bar and the best coffee on campus…
So, what next?
Now is when you have time – time to plan your weekly schedule, organise your readings, and to learn some important new skills so you can stay ahead with your study all semester. Once time starts to run out, uni can get really hard to manage if you haven’t started right.
Then here are some things you can do now, while you have some time:
- attend a short workshop on writing, researching or referencing – https://www.library.qut.edu.au/events/
- print off some handy study templates for notetaking or planning your semester, or get some tips for writing, working in teams and preparing for exams – http://www.studywell.library.qut.edu.au/
- learn some research and study skills in your own time and at your own pace – http://studysmart.library.qut.edu.au/
- learn how to reference and cite, QUT-style – http://www.citewrite.qut.edu.au/
- get some answers at the Library’s Learning and Research Desks, or book a Study Solutions session for 1-1 guidance with that first (or every!) assignment – http://www.library.qut.edu.au/learn/studysolutions.jsp
- and then… put your assignment deadlines into the Assignment Calculator and get a study plan with links to heaps of useful resources!
Ok then! These are our suggestions but, just in case you need more convincing, check out the top ten tips of QUT students who are almost ready to graduate.
Now is not time to waste. Now is the time to accelerate your learning and race ahead with your studies. So – get on it – the clock’s ticking until your first assignment.
Oh – and one last important thing … welcome to QUT!