Register for the national query:data conference!
Date: 16 July 2018
Location: ZINC, Federation Square, Melbourne.
Register here: https://querydata2018.eventbrite.com.au.
Consumer Policy Research Centre (CPRC) is hosting query:data, a national conference on consumer data, innovation and fairness in the digital economy.
CPRC’s research shows that Australian consumers want more choice, control and transparency over how their data is being collected and used. Reforms internationally, such as the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation in the EU, reflect major attempts to shift the power and control over data to consumers. How we ensure this occurs in Australia, while facilitating innovation and competition, is a critical question for those working in business, the community sector, regulators, policymakers and academia.
Join Australia’s leading researchers, regulators, advocates and businesses to discuss the evolving consumer policy & practice landscape across the fields of privacy, competition and consumer law, data ethics, machine learning and open data.
Key speakers include:
- Mr Rod Sims, Chair, Australian Competition & Consumer Commission
- Mr Ed Santow, Australian Human Rights Commissioner
- Dr Monique Mann, Vice Chancellor’s Research Fellow in Technology & Regulation, Queensland University of Technology
- Dr Katharine Kemp, Lecturer, University of New South Wales
- Ms Andrea Lau, Founder, Small Multiples
- Mr Nigel Dobson, Banking Services Domain Lead, ANZ
See the full program on the CPRC website in the next week: http://cprc.org.au/2018/05/25/querydata-national-conference-consumer-data/
Use the code QD18 to receive 25% off registrations for a limited time.