CJSDRC is pleased to announce the International ECR Travel Bursary/Award which seeks to recognise an International Early Career Researcher who is within five years of the completion of their PhD, for high performing research and engagement in an area that specifically links to one of the Centre’s five research themes: Southern Criminology; Governance, activism and social change; Gender, Sexuality and Violence; Policing, diversity and society; and Technologies and digital justice.
The Award comprises a $3,000 AUD travel bursary that will contribute towards flights and accommodation to attend the Crime, Justice and Social Democracy 5th Biennial International Conference from 15-17 July 2019 on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. The cost of registration for the conference will also be waived.
Nominees should be self-nominated and nominations should include:
• A one-page letter justifying the nomination
• The nominee’s CV including all publications, prizes, grants and scholarships the candidate has been previously awarded
• Copies of up to five (5) selected publications, at least one of which should be concerned with research completed after the completion of the nominee’s PhD
• Nominations should be forwarded by 12 April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be:
• Within 5 years of completion of PhD
• Hold a current appointment (fixed term or continuing) at a University or equivalent tertiary training and research institution
• Available to attend and present a paper at the Crime, Justice and Social Democracy 5th Biennial International Conference from 15-17 July 2019
Scholars who are currently based in institutions in the Global South are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Originality, significance and potential of the research within the relevant theme
• An emerging track record of research impacts such as peer-reviewed articles, and
• Evidence of strong achievement in the form of grants for scholarship and creative works
• The nominee’s level of integration of research into teaching, training and education
Nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee which will comprise:
• Director, Crime, Justice and Social Democracy Research Centre
• Each stream leader from Crime, Justice and Social Democracy Research Centre