QUT Business Advantage

I first heard of QUT’s Business Advantage Program during my undergraduate orientation. Whilst undertaking my studies at the Business School, I have always been motivated to build a variety of professional and social skills. As a result, I was drawn to engage in a co-curricular activity that embraces the development of these skills.

QUT Business Advantage is a modular based program in which students select modules that appeal to their competencies, development goals and career aspirations. There are a wide variety of modules in which students can participate in, including entrepreneurship, public speaking, professional facilitation, networking, design thinking and making a social impact.

These modules are run by industry and community leaders, which uses their expertise to facilitate interaction, discussion and debate in a supportive environment.

Many modules also offer guest presentations, which bring to light opportunities both in and outside of campus. While participating, I had the opportunity to network and have discussions with leaders from Rio Tinto, EY and Credit Union Australia. I found this to be an extremely worthwhile activity and would recommend to every business student.

I find QUT Business Advantage so fantastic as not only do you get to develop professional skills and have the opportunity to network with industry leaders, you also have a platform to meet business students outside of your discipline. Each module is fully catered and each participant receives a certificate of completion.

To get involved, the modules typically run within the first few weeks of the semester and are listed on Careerhub. If you have any enquires, contact the super helpful Business Advantage Coordinator who runs Business Advantage.