Campus on the Weekends

This semester I’m taking a unit, AYN426 International Capital Markets Law and Regulation, that is taught at the Gardens Point campus on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s an ‘intensive style’ unit, so rather than class each week, we attend for four weekends over the semester. Although this is my final semester at QUT, I’ve never before been to the campus on the weekends. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. No crowds – no hassle. In the past I worked weekends and studied during the week, however now that I’m no longer working weekends and now having to study on Saturdays and Sundays, I think I’ll be studying on campus more often.

Pros of being on campus on the weekends to study.

• Finding a car park was really easy. No waiting in a queue, just drive straight in and only pay $10 for the day at Gardens Point (only $5 for Kelvin Grove).
  • I saved time. Walking between buildings took less time. The elevators took less time. I didn’t have to wait for a bathroom. I waited less time for coffee.
  • You will easily be able to find your favourite study space. Less students means less competition for finding that perfect study desk/chair/lounge/computer/power point.
  • The Library helpdesk and IT helpdesk are both open on weekends – so you’re still able to get assistance with finding study sources and IT enquires.

Cons of being on campus on the weekends to study.

• Getting to campus may be more difficult as there are less public transport options.
  • Be prepared to bring snacks, there are less options for food/drink. If you want to know what will be open check out this webpage >>
  • You’re studying on the weekend.

Z Block QUT Business School

Chris

Could you please tell me the calendar dates of this course, second semester 2017.